Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIWW #1 {Help me out!}

So I decided to just jump right in and do my first What I Wore Wednesday {WIWW} post.  I'd been wanting to jump on this bandwagon for awhile but it's pretty out of my comfort zone.  Luckily I had a nice encouraging comment {Thanks Jamie!} so I'm just going for it.

This is to help me be more accountable with what I'm wearing.  As a stay-at-home momma it's easy to stay in pjs, sweats, or my not-so-pretty comfy clothes.  I'm going to take pictures of my outfits, share them on here, and make more of an effort to get dressed and look good!  I'm sure my hubby will appreciate it.

Please help me out, I'd love to hear your opinions, tips, and nice constructive criticism! 
Thankssomuch!

Here's my first outfit.  I wore this Saturday.  We went downtown to walk around and enjoy being outside.  There was a festival thing going on with music and booths.  It was fun.
{cardi, tank top, shorts, & shoes- Target; undershirt- Downeast; belt- local peddler's mall; headband- Gussy Sews}

So this was a little of a stretch for me adding the belt.  I've seen it lots of you stylish people do it and love how cute it looks.  For some reason, I never think these things will look as good on me.  I had to ask Josh multiple times, "are you sure this looks ok?!"  Well, he said yes of course.  So now tell me, can I do the whole belting a cardigan thing?  Did I do it right?


Here is my Sunday church outfit.  Sorry for the poor quality.  Hubby wasn't home yet and I wanted to change and nap.  So I took them myself in the bathroom.  haha.

{shirt- target, undershirt- Downeast, skirt- la vie petite, belt- local peddler's mall, heels- payless}

So here is another thing that was out of my comfort zone, a high waisted skirt!  Again, I've seen it around blogland, pinterest, real life, and love how other people look.  But I felt a little uncomfortable.  What do you think?  Should I have added more accessories?  {there is a necklace, but you can't really see it, it's small}  A more interesting top?

This is more of what I wear most of the time.  A top, jeans, and a cute accessory.  I wore this going to the gorcery store with my hubby and baby.
 {shirt- Old Navy, undershirt- Downeast, shorts- Target, shoes- Bealls, headband- Gussy Sews}

 I love my cute crushed ruffle tote bag from See Kate Sew.  Perfect for running errands.  And of course my most favorite accessory is my baby Grayson.  The cutest thing I have! ;)  What do you think about my normal, go-to kind of outfit?  How can I step it up a little?


Ok, phew, I'm done now... yikes! 

Linking here-
pleated poppy



A Marvelous and Modest Link Party

Real Momma. Real Style.

24 comments:

Kevin+Ashley said...

You did a great job choosing outfits! My favorite is the yellow cardigan one! You can definitely rock a belt with a cardigan! You look great!

Cassi said...

Oh I love the red striped skirt!

someonesgottapay said...

My fav is your Sunday outfit! That red & white skirt is super cute.

cmyoung said...

It's my 1st WIWW too. I love the Sunday outfit! I'm your newest follower and would love you to follow back;)

http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Love the yellow cardigan, and the red skirt is fabulous!! The belt looks great on both outfits...as to nice constructive comments, the headband might be a little too cutesy. You look really nice in all the outfits. Thanks for linking up with me!

Linda Z said...

You are cute! Glad you joined in WIWW. Love your red and white skirt.

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

you did go great - - I'm with you, wearing a belt or a highwaisted skirt seem weird when doing it, but it looks really great - good job! I want that skirt!

calamariqueen said...

you look great! my fave is the red skirt attire:)

Megan Wynn Volnoff said...

I love all of your outfits! You did such a good job!! That red skirt is to die for!! I wish i could wear horizontal stripes!!

On the last outfit, i would have paired it with a long necklace of a bold color... Like yellow or turqoise... or some flashy accessory! You're so cute! Love it!!!


mrsvolnoff.blogspot.com

Shelley said...

I love the outfits!! Before I read what you wrote about not being sure about the cardigan with the belt, I actually noted in my head that it was so cute how you did that! You definitely pull it off! I also love your striped skirt and the heels!

Sylvia C. Hall said...

Hey there,
SO lovely to meet you. I am your newest follower! :)

I think you really rocked those trends you said you were a bit nervous about. Especially the high waist skirt... you have the perfect figure for it!

If I could change one thing (only because you asked, ok!?? :), I would say wear the headband a little different. I think it kinda makes you look young.

I LOVE headbands, so don't get me wrong... this one is super cute.

Also, a wee tiny bit of lip gloss goes such a long way. Perhaps it's not your style, but i think it will make your pretty eyes stand out more, too!
Have a lovely day~!
XOXO,
Sylvia

Delaney said...

These are all very pretty outfits!

Ali Richardson said...

You look adorable! You can definitely pull off the belted cardigan! Adorable! I am in love with that red and white skirt too! SO pretty! Keep up the good work :)

Amy said...

You are so cute! I am also a big fan of the belted cardi look but I have yet to try it. First I think I need to buy a cardi since I don't own any. You pulled it off great! The more you wear something, the more comfortable you are in it. I also love your red & white skirt, very pretty! Congrats on your first wiww!

Kassie said...

Love the red stripped skirt!

Grace said...

Jenna! You are so cute!! You have the cutest clothes and the cutest figure to wear them in! Lucky! :) I know what you mean about being nervous about the different styles, but you totally pulled them off. My favorite is the church outfit. Such a cute skirt and I think the shirt and color were just right. Can't wait to see more!

Monica and Whitney said...

You look absolutely gorgeous!!

I love this look!

Ask the Duplex

Danielle said...

You are so cute with a cutie on the hip! I've been wanting to step out and do a WIWW, but I am still to scared! :)
http://salardsmiles.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

I love all the outfits. Cute and simple. Actually I think we have very similar styles. I am usually a jeans/cute shirt/accessory type girl, but I throw in dresses and skirts every so often. I have also tried the high waist skirt look, and loved it. It does look great on you, and I love that stripey skirt! I have yet to try the high belt look yet, though. But you rocked it. :0) Great job on your first WIWW!!!

The Daytons said...

Love this Jenna! And I absolutely love that you tell us where the stuff is from b/c that is half of the problem I have. I see stuff but I don't want to go around searching for where it is from, thank you! I also think you pulled them all off quite beautifully! I might have to go get a few of these items from the store:)

Jeanine Byers Hoag said...

Good for you for jumping in to WIWW and Real Momma, Real Style. I am following you here today from Real Momma...

Your outfits are cute! I think my favorite is the one you wore to church. Love that skirt.

Jeanine

Modern Wivelyhood said...

I love your Sunday outfit! Such cute colors! Visiting from RMRS!
www.modernwivelyhood.blogspot.com

Rainbow Bekah said...

Well you are just all kinds of fantastic aren't you?! Love that stripe skirt to PIIIIIECES!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

So awesome! I love that you jumped in with and went for it with the belt. Yes, you did it right and it looks AWESOME! I'm featuring you in this weeks RMRS favorites!