Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIWW #5 {My New Boots+Lipstick}

Yay, I'm back for another What I Wore Wednesday...


featuring my main Christmas present- these fabulous boots!


Yep, my very own Hunter Wellies. In high gloss purple.

I'd been dying for an excuse to wear them.  Snow or rain, either one.  Finally it rained one night and the ground was still a little wet in the morning.  Good enough for me. :)

button-up shirt & jeans- Target, undershirt- American Eagle, boots- Hunter, necklace & earrings- the vintage pearl

oh yes.  I love them.


Is it too matchy matchy with the purple in the shirt?  I wasn't sure.  I think I like it.


I tried to step out my comfort zone a bit with the orange shirt underneath.  My normal go-to would have been a white tank top. 


 Hubby took the pictures.  I must say, he did a great job.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  I think I'll keep him. ;)


I also have been trying the red lipstick thing a lot of my fashion blogger icons {ie sydney, cori, emily who happen to have Hunter boots too} have been doing.  I feel like it looks so good on them, but it's weird for me to do it.  Like, "what is she thinking, she can't pull that off."  Emily put it well when she posted about feeling like you stick out like a sore thumb here.  But she looks fab.  Looking back at the pictures though makes me feel better. A little.  What do YOU think of bold lips?  Have you noticed the trend?  Have you tried it?



Linking up here.
pleated poppy

17 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

You are adorable and I LOVE your boots! Oh, and you are ROCKING that red lipstick;)

deanna@delirious-rhapsody said...

i don't think it's too matchy matchy at all. but i do think that you might be the most adorable person i've seen in a while. :)

Paige said...

Well, I think you look fabulous and hubby DID do an excellent job taking pictures!!!

:)
paige

Cassi said...

I love love love Wellies!

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

CUTE - I don't think it is to matchy matchy since you added the orange...good choice! xoxo

Paige said...

LOVE the boots!

Ali Richardson said...

SO super duper jealous of your boots!!! I have been dying for some for a couple years now. Maybe some day :) I think you look adorable!!

Shelley said...

I would have worn a white or grey undershirt but good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone! I have red lipstick but I rarely wear it. You look so cute, Jenna! I'm jealous of your skinniness haha.

Tiffany said...

I agree. You're totally pulling off the look. And your Wellies are awesome :)

Grace said...

Not too matchy matchy, and I love the lipstick! Like, I want the shade you have. It's so cute on you! You have the cutest style. Come back to Utah and take me shopping!! :)

Denise said...

love the boots. what a bright, happy color!

Karri said...

OOOh! Love your purple Hunters!!! And I think the lip color looks good on you. I can't pull it off b/c of my skin coloring. But for anyone who can...yay!

Katie said...

those boots are great! very cute outfit!

Bridget said...

Love the boots, not too matchy matchy, love the orange shirt! Hubby did great with the pictures. I also have been trying red lipstick but more of a when I go out type of thing and it def has to match the rest of my personality for the night..or should I say style? Last time I did a pin up ish look and I loved it, not something I'd do everyday though, something more for fun and costumey, I always get great feedback though! :)

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Totally laughing at the comment before me. I'm sure that sparkle uggs are the key to happiness!

You are adorable! I love the unexpected pop of color poking out under the shirt. And it's not too matchy matchy. In fact, I had to look twice to see the purple in the shirt, although I bet it's more obvious in person. And the red lipstick? LOVE.

Kayla said...

OOH! Those boots are AMAZING. I absolutely love them. I'm visiting from What I Wore Wednesday and would love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

Kristen Duke Photography said...

LOVE the purple boots!