Thursday, April 7, 2011

30 Items in 30 Days- Living Room

If you didn't see my last post on this, I'm participating in a challenge on the IHeart Organizing blog to purge 30 unneeded/unnecessary/just-generally-junking-up-my-house items in 30 days.

Today is the living room.  I didn't think I would be able to find much at all to get rid of in my living room.  Basically it's furniture {which I'm not getting rid of!} and my two bookshelves with books I love and decorations.  I looked carefully though and was able to get rid of these 3 items-

The letter "J" I've had since college and it's pretty beat up now and I'm kinda over it.  Plus now that I'm married with a family and all, I think the letter R is more appropriate.

The Prince Caspian book I got for free last year.  I've never read the Chronicles of Narnia nor have any desire to. 

The second book, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle, I got at a yard sale last summer.  I liked it and enjoyed reading it.  It was good.  But I don't think it's one of those book I'll want to read again.  So it's gone too.

***If any of my Lexington friends wants one or both of the books, you can have it/them!  {Or even the J for that matter} Leave me a comment if you do.  Otherwise I'm selling them. {Half-price Books baby!}

It's so freeing to get rid of things and declutter.  Seriously!  If you haven't tried it yet, you should.  You'll be surprised.  It's a great fresh start for Spring! 

Total items purged = 6

0 comments: