Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reese's Nursery- The Quilt!

So I made another quilt!  This was my first one I made earlier this year if you didn't see it.  I gave it to my sister-in-law who recently had a baby girl.


I knew I wanted to make one for my upcoming little girl and this picture I found on pinterest forever ago was what I wanted. 
I have a bunch of other pretty quilts pinned too, but I just kept coming back to this one.  It was my favorite. The only problem was there wasn't really a tutorial for it.  And seeing as I've only made the one other quilt, I was not able to figure out this particular quilt pattern on my own. Luckily, I have a good friend who is a an amazing quilter.  I just showed her the picture and she helped me figure out how much fabric I needed, how big to cut the pieces, and all that stuff I wouldn't know how to do. {Thanks Ashley!}


Wanna see it?!  Here it is!






It turned out just how I wanted. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, that's beautiful. Very impressed!

Ali Richardson said...

Sooooooooooooooooooo beautiful!!!!

The Daytons said...

Love it! So I have a random question, on your first quilt, how did you make sure to sew right through the center of each square? I want to finish my quilt like that I think but I'm having trouble figuring out how to make sure I go straight through the middle, that sounds like such a stupid question, but hey I really don't know how to do it! Thanks!