Sunday, October 9, 2011

What's In a Name?

I've been thinking about changing my blog name lately.  I like the name fine, but I want my name to match the web address.  jjreynoldsfamily isn't even close!  and The Mommy Diaries isn't available, not even a close variation!  Something like Little Reynolds or Family Reynolds... idk.

I've also been pondering going back to just family blogging {as you can tell my name ideas}.  I haven't been enjoying blogging as much and it more feels like work to me at times.  I don't want to spend a lot of time doing something I don't LOVE.  I love crafting and sewing and pinning and reading all of your blogs though!  LOVE IT.  I'm thinking my time might be better spent on other things.  I didn't set out to write this post.  I was going to do something else.  This just came out.  Anyone have advice, opinions, or have felt something similar before?  I'd love your input!  One thing I'd be way sad about is losing so many of you fabulous readers if I switch back to just family blogging.  I've loved getting to know so many people through blogging! 

4 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

One thing that I have to remind myself of is that I blog for me. I blog what I do...I don't "do" stuff just to blog about it. Even if you stop crafty blogging I will still continue to follow you because I think you and your family are just adorable:)

The Daytons said...

Jenna,I totally see where you are coming from. I had thought about doing some craft blogging for awhile and lots of times I still do, but like you said I just want to do the crafts and not have to write them all up and such. But, that being said I love reading your blog and love seeing your ideas, so even if you switch back you need to still post sometimes about what you are up to, so I can see all your cute stuff! Love ya!

Ali Richardson said...

I actually started my blogging adventure with a family blog. In fact, I still have it but it is set to private (long story short, I had a not-so-nice encounter with a stalker-type guy who ripped me a new one for having a pic of Noah's butt in the bath). Anyway, I still blog there, but I tend to blog on my craft blog more regularly. You're right, at times it does feel like an obligation rather than a joy. I say, do what makes you happy. Make it more a family blog, and if you sew something awesome or do an awesome craft, you can share it there too. Either way, I'll keep on reading! You are my people ;)

Brianna said...

My thoughts exactly! Over the summer I naturally stopped blogging regularly because it's more fun to have fun! When I started getting followers i started to feel obligated to make more stuff and come up with original and whitty posts, neither of which come naturally to me. So... I'm just doing what I feel like when I feel like it now! If peeps besides my fam want to tune in great, if not great! I do it for me :) So in other words my advice is go with what feels right!