Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Little Green {with easy wreath tutorial}

I told myself I was NOT going to decorate for St.Partick's Day.  I needed a break from holiday decor.  Plus, I've never been a fan of the St. Patty's decor I've seen.  It mostly looks gaudy and tacky to me.

Why should I be surprised that all these crafty bloggy ladies I follow would have so many cute St. P's Day decor???  So I couldn't resist doing a few things.  And I mean a few things.  I pretty much whipped it together {other than the framed printables, had those done} all last night... yeah the last day of February.  But now I'm ready for March today with my cute, green decorations!

Here's what I've got: {Captions underneath}

 framed printable {I'll try to find where I got it}

 printable shown on the baker's rack with my picture frame now having green scrapbook paper {took out the red} in the no picture spots

 My seasonal candy jars now with green candy and green ribbons, I love these guys :)

 Another cute printable on the bookshelf, I love the the quatrefoil with the little clover {it's my favorite printable- found here}

 This little guy I threw together last night.  I was trying to think of something cute that I already had to fill the vase.  So I just shredded and scrunched some green scrapbook paper, threw it in the vase, and added some trim.  I love it!  {So happy it was free too}

the vase on our kitchen table {Josh doesn't know he's in the picture, hehe, cause I'm sneaky like that}

Another printable I love from here, with a model I LOVE SO MUCH!

 On my sewing table next to, yes, the last printable I've put out {yep, don't know where that one was either}


Here is my "big" craft last night.  And when I say big, I mean fairly quick and easy compared to most crafts.  But it took the longest of the St. Patrick's day stuff {which isn't saying much, haha}

The Tutorial Part:
Get a frame.  I took a frame I had that I had previously found at Goodwill for $1.  Paint it green.  Then take some sandpaper and lightly sand to distress the edges.  

Make some rosette flowers to embellish with.  I used burlap but you can use anything.

Finally, hot glue some ribbon to the back of the frame and tada!

You have a non-traditional, frame wreath.  You could also fill the frame if you want.  With a cute printable, something like a vinyl four leaf clover if you have a fancy Silhouette or Cricut, or even a large monogram {the first letter of your last name}.  The possibilities are endless.  

I'm pretty happy with it.  What do you think? 

{Frame wreath inspired from this frame at TT&J}

I got to thinking later if I should add a cute printable inside like that one {you- "another one???"}

I kept thinking about it.  So this morning I did and snapped a few pictures.  Now you can tell me which you like better for my front door, mmmm k?  K!



So which will it be friends? 

Please help! :)

{Here's a sneak peak of something I'm working on non-holiday related.}


19 comments:

The Reynolds said...

I'm thinking with the printable in the frame! Oh and p.s. I LOVED your "love story." I honestly found myself waiting for it every day! So cute. Plus I love all of your decorating ideas

Brianna said...

I like the printable too, but it is super cute to have your house number showing through! That's a toughie! ;)

*stopped by from VWB*

Anonymous said...

Haha.. you told yourself you were NOT going to decorate for st. patricks... then you bust out 10 projects. HAHAA ;) all of them are so cute. i really like the button rainbow. and i think the filled frame looks better. can't wait to see the project you're working on!

Shelley said...

I like the filled frame! So cute!

Grace said...

Jenna it's all so cute! I actually found that button printable a couple days ago and tried to download it and it wouldn't let me print it :( I love it all though! I think I like the frame with the printable in it the best. Your new project looks so cute!! I can't wait to see it!
PS-Thanks for the posting ideas. I'll have to try some out!

Erika . . . with a K said...

Super cute!

Marie C. said...

What a cute frame! I like it with the printable inside. I saw your post at Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday & am now following your blog.

http://educatorssoliloquy.blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-make-your-own-inspirational.html

Christine said...

Super cute! I like the frame with the printable in it :) And I say, you can never have too many printables...tis the season!! Come check out my blog if you have a second. krazycraftylady.blogspot.com

Christine

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

This is very cute! thanks for linking up to our very first blog party.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Adorable project! I will have to try this sometime! I am visiting from Giggles, Glitz and Glam and I am a new follower!
Have a great day!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Randi said...

I like the frame withe printable in it. I also love the first picture of the printable Lucky to be in love with my best friend. I searched for but can't find it which is super sad because I really want to decorate with it. Thanks for inspiring me to decorate for St. Patty's Day!

Bemily said...

Wow! You are so creative and I love all of these projects!!

I'm going to say the filled frame.. but it's hard because the empty frame is awesome when it frames the number on your door!

And I want to snuggle that little guy soon! Let me know when you need a date night!!

Unknown said...

If you do a picture frame door wreath thing again, I think it would look so cool if you found one longer and hung it up so that it framed all the numbers on your door. =]

Betsey Rhames said...

I like the filled frame!

Yay, I posted!!!!

Lisa said...

Sometimes some simple decorations are better than going all out. I really love your lucky frame and the one with the rainbow. Very cute!

Tilly said...

Gorgeous. Just love your button rainbow frame too.

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

I like them both, but the filled frame is my favorite:) Great decorating!

A Gal Who said...

Hi Jenna,
I found you through Making The World Cuter's linky post today. How cool that you live in Lexington! My daughter and her family live only about 15 minutes from Lex in Midway. Small world. I look forward to spending some time looking through your posts soon.
Layne

Tasha said...

Looks Great Jenna! I like it with the printable inside, or maybe you can turn it on it's side and try to get all your house numbers inside the frame, then you could leave it up longer than just St. Patty's Day!
You're funny to have not wanted to decorate for the holiday and then just throw out 5 in one post! LOL! Made me giggle!
Thanks so much for linking up to Try it Tuesday...Made my day!!!
Tasha