Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommies

This is my first Mother's Day as a Mom!   Last year I was pregnant, so I still got to celebrate as a soon-to-be Mom but this year it feels more legit.  Like, yeah, I really AM a Mom now.  I'm so lucky to be a momma to my little guy.  I'm so thankful for him and the light he is in my life everyday.


I've loved my first 8 months of mommyhood and look forward to many more months and years ahead.  Here are some pictures of me and my boy during the last 8 months.

{Watch him get bigger and bigger!}









Being a mom is the best.  Period.

It's true what they say about how being a mom is such a hard job but oh-so-worth-it!  I've wanted to be a mom for as long as I could remember.  Yes, I wanted to go to college and get an education, but ultimately, my goal was to have and raise my family as a stay-at-home mom.  I had the perfect example of that in my own mom.  She is the BEST mother ever!  I always wanted to be just like her.  She stayed home and raised us even though I know money was often tight and it might have been tempting to work.  I still go to my mom for advice and help and encouragement and she is always there.  Thanks Mom for being the greatest in the whole wide world!  I'm lucky to have you to look to as such an exemplary mother.  I love you!!!



 Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

2 comments:

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Happy {first official} Mothers Day Jenna:)

Shelley said...

What a great Mothers day post!! I loved all the pictures. Gray is sooo cute and you are cute too of course ;-)