Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 13, 14, & 15

More organizing, oh yeah baby!

Sometimes it's hard to find the time to do these challenges, but I really do love doing them.  Even though it's cleaning (which I don't love), the end result is the best.

So here we go.  Day 13- Medicine cabinet

This one was easy because it's not a real cabinet, it's very small...

See? 
Those bottom mirrors slide open.
And that's it.  Our whole "medicine cabinet."

Before
left side
 right


And then emptied and cleaned out.

 

See how places on the bottom are rusting.  Well hopefully I prevented more rusting with the containers.

And after
{no more of hubby's retainer just sittin' out on a tissue, I hated that}
this side has our contacts and solution, his retainer, and nail clippers


and I have a pretty  new retainer case too! {mine old one was broken}
this side is all mine- my retainer, night and day face lotion, and deodorant

B&A
Left side


right side



Day 14- Under the Bathroom Sink

This one was a doozy!

Before

I got it all cleaned out and rid of some un-needed stuff

Then I put a shelf in and lots of bins!
I put the stuff I don't use as much towards the back.

 and then some more bins...
After

Before and After

Soooo much better.

While I was in there I organized Josh's and my drawers.
Here's a quick B & A.







and Josh's


Day 15- Medicine Storage

I have these 2 drawers in our guest bathroom for medicine and other miscellaneous stuff.
Here is a B & A of each

Top drawer
{before and after}


Bottom Drawer 
{before and after}
 I got rid of a ton of stuff in this drawer!  I threw away all the expired medicine.  Then I took {most}all of the rest out of boxes {if they had one}.  Those 2 things freed up a LOT of space.
Now gotta go keep on organizing!

{And I'm so ready- I just got back from The Container Store.  
It might just be my new favorite store!}




4 comments:

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

Great job! I love how great it feels just to have all of the little spaces around my house organized!

Amanda Duke said...

I love getting stuff organized too. You've done a great job with your place. I've been frantically trying to organize before the baby comes and have done a lot of the same spaces as you. Doesn't it feel so good!?

Kasey Strong said...

I like reading your blog to see how you're doing with organizing things. I am at a similar place for the first time in my life, where I have a desire to organize, so you are inspiring me. Also, is the Container store real? I wish we had one of those! Last weekend I went to Hobby Lobby in search of baskets and bins, and I ended up spending almost $100 on not that many!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

You are doing a great job on all your organizing:) I love all the baskets.