Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Drawers, drawers, and MORE drawers!

As you know, I've been on a bit of an organizing spree lately.  I participated in the 21 days organizing challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons {which I'm almost done with} and I've been organizing other spaces in my home as well.  This post shows some drawers I did in the kitchen recently.

Here are some quick reminder pictures of the 2 kitchen drawers.




The other day I was at Home Goods in the clearance section and found this great drawer organizer that I knew would be great for the drawer in our office/tv room.  It had lots of small compartment that were perfect for all our different cords.

This drawer used to be complete chaos.

See?  

It was the place to put all our cords and other random electrical/computer stuff.  But with all those cords thrown in so haphazardly, they would get tangled.  Plus it was hard to find the one you wanted.  I'd pull out the one I thought was the camera cord, nope, put it back, and guess again.

Big. Pain. In. The. Butt.

In goes the handy dandy organizer.  And there is happiness all around!

Ahhhhh, bliss.

This really was the perfect thing for this drawer. The large bottom left compartment holds our 2 camera cords {we have a spare one I bought when we temporarily lost the first} and Gray's nail clippers, the bottom right is our video camera cord, the one right above that has our 2 iPod cords, and the largest top compartment has some computer cds and the GPS cord.  

Finally, all around the organizer placed nicely in the drawer is the other random computer things- old hard drive, smaller memory chips, wireless router, surge protector, and a big computer extenstion cord.

Here's my favorite- the side by side before and after shot!

So much better, right?

Right.

:)


{If you want to see some more great drawer organization, click below!}








3 comments:

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

The drawers look great. I found you on Thrifty Decor Chick. I'd love for you to stop by and link up to my Organizing Mission link party.

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my link party. I'd love for you to grab my button or link for your blog too.
Hope to see you back.

Edina Plumbers said...

Great reading