Tuesday, December 14, 2010

30 Minute Christmas Craft

So I made this last night and I'm so excited about it! It turned out cute AND it was easy AND it was fast. It doesn't get better than that. I was inspired by this tree

It is quite simple to make. This is all you need-
 A foam cone, pins with pretty colored heads, and lots of buttons!  

Then you just take the pins and start sticking them through the holes of the buttons to place the buttons on the tree.  Easy, right?!

The pin heads end up looking like the Christmas lights on your tree.
(The white spaces are NOT so obvious, I promise.  It's the flash of the camera.  I might add a few more buttons.  You could also use a green foam cone and I think that would look better.)

I have another cone and some different colored buttons.  I'll definitely be making another ones of these guys!  We have a church Christmas party coming up this weekend and some of the ladies signed up to decorate tables.  This is a little sneak peek of my table display!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!!!


Linking to these parties!
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia




7 comments:

The Daytons said...

I love this idea! I think I'm going to have to venture to the craft store to get some supplies! So fun! And I bet your table is going to be super cute!

GreenGardenMom said...

Good idea to have fun with kids together.

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

Very creative!!

I'm blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog. Hope you will visit either or both of my blogs and say hello and follow (if you aren't already a follower).

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Have a VERY VERY blessed Tuesday!! :0)

Kara said...

Very cute and easy. My kind of Christmas decoration!! Thanks for sharing.

http://happy-go-lucky-harvey.blogspot.com

Cari Whalen said...

I'm so stealing this idea :)

April said...

Looks great! Thanks for linking to me-glad you enjoy it!!

Kyla Armstrong said...

So cute! Thanks for linking up to TOO Cute Tuesday!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com