Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Handmade Gift Exchange

So I love reading all kinds of crafty blogs and one of my favorites is Linda's blog- Craftaholics Anonymous.  She hosted a handmade gift exchange and it sounded fun, so I participated!  She randomly paired everyone who signed up with a partner and gave you their email and home address so you could contact them and mail them their gift.  Here's what I made- it's a utility apron.


I got the tutorial from Rosey Corner Creations.  It looked intimidating to me at first!  But everyone who commented about it on her post said it was easy and I have to agree.  The tutorial has tons of pictures and great directions.  Even a {VERY} novice sewer like myself could do it.  And I was very happy with the results.  That's pretty big because I can be quite a little hard on myself and the things I make. You can't tell from the pictures really, but it has 4 pockets.  A small pen/pencil sized one on one side, 2 large (7 in.) ones in the middle, and a medium (5 in.) one on the other side.

Here's me modeling it in all of my taking-a-picture-of-myself-in-the-bathroom-mirror-with-bad-light glory.  



No, I'm not modeling my bum... but the cute tie in the back.  It is too cute!


I love this apron and kinda wanted to keep it for myself, oh well...  It seriously wasn't hard, I just may have to go get some more cute fabric for my own!

This is what I would do with it, put crafting/sewing supplies while I'm working on projects.


Go check out the linky party on Craftaholics Anonymous where you can see all the other crafts people made for each other.

Hope you enjoy this partner!  Can't wait to see what I get.  :)

11 comments:

Cassie said...

Saw your post through the Handmade Gifts linky party, that is SO cute! I think I am going to have to make one! You did an awesome job!!!

Erin @ Crafts and Sutch said...

Hey, Jenna! Thanks so much for your sweet comment about the printables! :) Some of the unedited ones were just kind of silly...like "You jingle my bells," or "You wanna get tangled in the tinsel?" Others were a little more risque..."Looking forward to a not so Silent Night." LOL! My husband and I just laughed and laughed coming up with them. :) It was too much fun! :)

Unknown said...

Adorable! I need to make one of those...I am forever needing more pockets!

Krystal said...

Now I wish I would have enter the gift exchange!!! That is TOO cute! Great job!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

This is so cute and so functional...what a great gift:)

Nancy said...

I love aprons and this is a really cute one. I like the fabrics you chose too. What a nice gift.

Bawissa AKA Melissa said...

Jenna-Thank you so much! I absolutely love my new apron. Here is what I use the pockets for...pen, goal cards/to-do lists, iPod, and cell phone. I'm constantly needing more pockets, and this is great! I'm so glad I was paired with you in the exchange!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

Darling! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. I hope you stop by again soon :)

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

PS- I am going to feature your project this Thursday at Paisley Passions Thrilling Thursday Linky Party. Feel free to stop by and grab an "I Thrilled" featured button from my side-bar if you like :)

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Jenna,
Get out! That is one cute apron! Way to go on it :) Thanks for sharing. I love seeing what everyone made :)
Happy Holidays!
Linda
PS the next handmade gift exchange will be this June. I hope you'll sign up again!

Tanya said...

Sweet apron!