Monday, January 10, 2011

Valentine's Decor Tutorial

Oh my gosh, another post, 2 days in a row.

Amazing.  I know.  {If you missed my post yesterday check it out, it's on my sweet little boy}

And... my first tutorial.  Woot woot.

So I made my first decoration for Valentine's Day.   I've never decorated for V-day before, but there are so many cute things you can make.  Plus, pink is my favorite color, ever!  So V-day is like perfect for me.

I made this to hang on my door.  Not a wreath this time.  I made a wreath for fall, Halloween, and winter.  I wanted something a little different.  Plus, it was super easy!


Like it? Wanna know how I did it? Ok.

Here is what I used.
Not pictured- paint, paint brush, glue gun, scissors, burlap


I got the wooden heart for 75 cents at a thrift store.  {score!}  I sanded it a bit.  You don't have to use a wooden heart.  Anything sturdy like a cardboard box cut in a heart shape would work.

Then painted the edges and the top.

 Next, I cut up a bunch of felt circles.  I used the bottom of my Mod Podge as a template for the first circle.  

Then I folded the circles in half and then in half again.  Then I put some hot glue on the bottom and glued it to the heart.  


Then do it again. and again. and again...  You get the picture.  Until it looks nice a pretty. Finally, I glue a strip of burlap on the back of the heart to hang it with.

See!?  Nice.



What do you think?  Have you been working on any Valentine's projects?


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This very cute and I love the great deal you got on the heart! Isn't that the BEST!

Anonymous said...

i love it! so cute! i'm a medical school wife too! what year is your husband?

Jana said...

Turned out so super cute!! Come link up: http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2011/01/glam-party-10_10.html

Tasha said...

SUPER Cute! I like the touch of the burlap too!! Thanks for linking up!
Have a great day!
Tasha
www.dotdotdothis.blogspot.com

Sandy said...

That is so cute!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Very very pretty door hanging.
Take care, Linda

Marcie @ DWYH said...

So cute! You should link this up at my linky party {every Monday}.

www.dontwasteyourhomemaking.com